Framed within the newly created LalBrew™ line of products, LalBrew™ New England, is an American East Coast style ale yeast.
LalBrew™ New England is a ready-to-use dried strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, specially selected for its specific ability to allow hop flavors and aromas to remain prominent while also providing the fruity notes brewers seek when brewing “East Coast” style ales.
East Coast-style ales a sister style to their West Coast counterpart – but with yeast that naturally produces fruit forward flavors and aromas. Sometimes cloudy, sometimes not, East Coast-style ales are centered around an ideology of a mixed bouquet of fruit and hops on the nose, and a similar blend when tasted.
As with all of our products, LalBrew™ New England can deliver specific desired qualities with unmatched consistency and unparalleled purity.
Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew™ New England Yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 1 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
*According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew™ New England yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 7 days, a bit slower than most ale strains. This is a normal and perfectly natural characteristic of this strain.
- Medium to high attenuation and Medium flocculation.
- Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew™ New England yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C(59°F) to 22°C(72°F).
Lag phase can be longer when compared with other strains, ranging from 24-36 hours.
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Flavor and aroma:
Download LalBrew™ New England Datasheet
Buy on Amazon: USA / Canada / UK